Our knowledge of construction and how the industry works allow us to provide the real insight in connection with owner-developers’ rights and responsibilities during the construction phase. The attorneys at the New York City-based law firm of Greenberg, Trager & Herbst, LLP use their many years of experience in construction law to advise and assist clients in addressing all the issues that can arise during each phase of construction.
Development and construction are increasingly complex activities. Consulting an experienced adviser on issues that arise during the construction phase of a project is an option that a growing number of clients choose. Our lawyers assist clients with relevant issues such as:
- Advising on industry-standard practices
- Advising on construction-related insurance
- Interpreting and enforcing contract rights and responsibilities
- Early identification of problems that could disrupt the project
- Dealing with adjoining property owners during preconstruction, demolition and excavation
- Helping clients gain access to adjoining properties so they can be monitored and protected during the construction process
- Advising on issues related to underpinning and stabilization
- Assisting in the removal of stop-work orders and other statutory violations
- Identifying and addressing potential sources of liability on construction sites
- Helping clients manage delays and disruptions and the costs associated therewith
- Advising clients with respect to project records and documentation
- Representing clients at public hearings related to a project
To speak with a lawyer about our legal services, contact us at 212-688-1900.