Manhattan Lawyers — Construction
Comprehensive Construction Law Practice
At Greenberg, Trager & Herbst, LLP, our lawyers concentrate almost exclusively on construction law and related areas of practice. Because our firm has been a leader in the field for nearly a century, we have acquired vast experience and the ability to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for clients in the construction and real estate industry.
The attorneys at Greenberg, Trager & Herbst, LLP, provide sound advice and vigorous advocacy in areas such as:
- Construction contracts: We negotiate and produce documents that are fair and balanced. Among our primary goals is to mitigate risks and protect our clients from future litigation; our contracts are always developed with these objectives in mind.
- Breach of contract and warranty claims: Our attorneys advise our clients on their rights and options when a construction contract or warranty has been breached.
- Construction defects: We negotiate, litigate, arbitrate and mediate construction defect claims involving design, material, construction and subsurface deficiencies.
- Payment disputes: Our attorneys have significant knowledge of the New York Prompt Payment Act and how the Act can be used to resolve a construction payment dispute in your favor.
- Abandonment of projects: Whether you are exploring your options for terminating work on a project or would like assistance to help you recover money for paying for work that was not performed, our attorneys can help.
- Design professional agreements: Our attorneys are well-versed in the design process and the role of the design professional in all construction phases. Our agreements reflect those understandings and lead to more efficient administration of a project.
- Construction phase consulting: Because of our extensive knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide consulting services on all matters relating to the administration of construction projects. This helps our clients’ projects stay on time and on budget.
- Property owner disputes: We can help you with any dealings you have with an adjoining property owner, including excavation and underpinning issues or litigation, to assist in ensuring that your project moves forward.
- Construction litigation: We often assist clients resolve disputes related to contract performance, payments and almost any other claim arising from a construction project. We always seek the most cost-effective and efficient method to resolve a dispute.
- Alternative dispute resolution: (ADR) Litigation can be expensive, time-consuming and often creates significant delays in a project. In appropriate instances, we encourage clients to use alternative methods of dispute resolution so their projects progress while issues are resolved.
- Mechanic’s liens: We handle all aspects of mechanic’s liens, from the original filing of the lien on behalf of a contractor, subcontractor or design professional, to helping an owner resolve or remove a lien.
- Surety bonds and construction insurance: We work with clients and their consultants to ensure that our clients have appropriate performance or surety bonds as well as construction insurance in place and that they properly address particular project needs. We review bond and insurance documents in order to help manage our client’s risks.
- DOB regulations: The New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) issues regulations and frequent updates, more so in the recent past. Our attorneys have worked with this agency for many years and can help clients with any matter related to DOB regulations and compliance therewith.
- Real estate practice: We help our clients with all aspects of commercial real estate, from acquisition and financing, to negotiating loan agreements, to reviewing documents to ensure that the clients are protected and their needs are met.